flash

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One SHOT #6: Unexpected [Christmas Project 2013]

    • Title: Unexpected
      By: Meriel Roncal
      All Rights Reserved to the author and to RYPH FC

      What will you do if the person you like the most, invited you to meet-up on Christmas Eve?

      “Let’s meet up! This Christmas Eve. Only the two of us together.”

      Meet up? Uwaa. I thought.

      We’re finally going to see each other in personal. We’ve been exchanging emails for months now. We haven’t seen each other but we each other’s likings, birthdays and some personal information. It’s like we’ve known each other for years!

      “Ok let’s meet up!” I typed. Then finally I clicked the send button.


      ----------------------------------

      I sat at a nearby bench.

      “I guess I’m a little bit early.” I mumbled to myself as I look at my watch.

      I watched the children playing around the snow, families chattering inside the restaurants and couples exchanging gifts to each other. I smiled at the beautiful scene I’m seeing right now. Then I remembered. I’m meeting the person I’ve wanted to see so much!


      Now I’m getting nervous. My mind is getting pessimistic right now.

      “What if he didn’t show up? What if he gets bored and goes home?”

      While I’m silently arguing with myself, a boy stood in front of me.

      “Excuse me, are you Merieru-chan?” a soft voice spoke to me.

      I looked up and I was awed. Standing in front of me was a very gorgeous boy. His face is a little round and his cheeks are a little bit chubby. He’s so cute! I can even see his brown hair under his red-knitted hat.

      This guy who was standing in front of me is no other than Hey! Say! JUMP’s most popular member, Yamada Ryosuke! I can’t believe this is happening.

      “Ah yes it’s me. Yo.. yoroshiku!” I stuttered while feeling slightly embarrassed.

      Yamada sat beside me and introduced himself.

      “Yorushiku. Ryosuke Yamada desu.” He said with a smile.

      I smiled at him.

      “I’d like to properly introduce myself. I’m Merieru Inoo desu.”

      My mind still can’t process that the person I liked was sitting right beside me and to add that he’s a super popular idol.

      He coughed to get my attention. “I didn’t expect you’d be this cute.” He said while looking to the sky.

      I blushed at his comment. My heart was going doki doki. I’m nervous because he might hear my heart pounding inside my chest.

      “Thank you. I also didn’t expect that the one I’ve been exchanging mails was an idol.”

      He laughed at my comment.

      “By the way, I made some sweets.” I said to him shyly.

      “Ehh? Hontou?”

      I took out the container from my bag and opened it.

      “Since you said you like strawberries so much, I baked a strawberry cake for the two of us.” I offered him a fork and he took it.

      “Wow! Sugoii. You really know me so well. I really love strawberries." He said as he feast down the white cake.

      We finished eating then he stood up.

      "Let's go!" He said as he reached his hand to me.

      I look at his hand.

      "Un!" I replied while I took his hands.

      We walked around the park holding hands.

      We went to stores and buy cool stuffs together.

      I was the happiest person at that time. I hope he is too.
      ----------------------------------

      We finally reached the front of my house. We were still holding hands.

      He released my hand.

      I spoke first.


      "Thank you so much for this day. You were kind to me that I can't believe this is all true. I'm really happy."

      He looked at me then he smiled.

      "Me too. I had so much fun. Even though I'm always busy, I was able to relax and have fun today."

      "So I guess, we'll meet again sometime?" I asked.

      "Yes, I would be glad to." He said to me shyly.

      "Goodbye."

      "Bye."

      Yamada turned his back and waved at me.

      I look at his retreating figure then I got the sudden urge to touch his hand again.


      He looked to me in surprise.


      Though I'm scared he might reject me, I told him all my feelings.

      "Thank you. For this day, thank you. Not only that but also your kindness for me when we were exchanging mails..."

      "Merieru..."

      "I like you Yamada Ryosuke." I finally said.

      "I like you not because you're rich nor popular. It is because I fell inlove with the Yamada that is kind, considerate and loving."

      Yamada held my shoulders so that we can look at each other face to face.

      "I like you too."

      That was the first time I confessed and also the first time my feelings were accepted.


      ~THE END~ 

      Name: Meriel Roncal
      Message: Merry Christmas Hey! Say! JUMP
      Sana pumunta kayo dito sa Philippines. We'll keep on supporting you guys! 



No comments:

Post a Comment