flash

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fanfiction: The Valentine Apocalypse [Valentines Project]

Title: U and I : The Valentine Apocalypse 

Author: Yen Yamada aka nobaHARUchii
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Horror?
Properly Credit to the Author and RYPH FC


I was panting as I try to catch my breath. Who would not when all I did the whole morning was run away from the flesh-eating freaks walking like drunkard in the school yard?I’ve been playing hide and seek with them now for three or four hours? These were no human or some just some lunatic out there. They eat human flesh and their bite kills and resurrect. Yes, I said resurrect. It’s a mad resurrection. There was some kind of a dose that goes into their now empty brains and implanted in their whole system. And the time they resurrect, they become one. They become a flesh-eating mammal who craves for human.
They move slow, they look odd, they’re senses are shut yet awake. And yes, they are dead yet alive. You got it, they are now walking dead.


They used to be my teachers, classmates, juniors and seniors but now they are mere zombies.
I don’t know exactly how the pandemic started. Today is Valentine’s Day and everyone was too preoccupied with the thought of the event. There was a wide spread of chocolate-giving. And there was a free-chocolate-tasting on the entrance of the school. It was the baking club giving the free taste to everyone. Everyone was almost into that free-tasting.
I had no one to put my efforts of giving chocolate so I decided to lock myself in the unappreciated place in the school—the laboratory.
Science is my forte. I love science. I love discovering new stuffs and play with chemicals and all. I love making solutions and do some experiments.
Anyway, things are normal until I heard worrying sound everywhere. I tried ignoring it not until I saw a weird-looking face beyond the glass portion of the glass door. It was scary that my knees started to shake, knowing that something is wrong. I ran to the window, and to my horror, everything outside was a horrible video game scenario. No, it’s worse than that. It was like a pool of piranhas feeding over netted fish. I can smell the distinct odor of blood. Tell me, what’s more horrifying than seeing people feed over people.
Suddenly, the doorknob was harshly shook by someone from outside. My eyes popped in terror. I grabbed the graduated cylinder and hit its head, causing a pointed sharp end. Not so good weapon, nut still weapon.
I stepped backwards. I saw the doorknob moved more intensely now, then it opened with a big kick.

“UUUHHHHHHH!!!!!” I shouted pointing the weapon in front of me.
“Yenagi-san!” a familiar voice echoed in my failing senses.
“Y-Yamada Ryosuke.” I said in between pants.


And now, I’m outside a locker, panting and sweating—scared. I slowly knocked on my left. Yamada’s inside the next locker. He knocked back.
I sighed in relief.
So basically, it’s me and Yamada Ryosuke who are still in the normal state of mind. Or should I say, alive.
When we heard no more grumbling sound of a zombie, we slowly moved out from the locker. Yamada grabbed my wrist as we ran slowly and cautiously.
“Yenagi-san, you watch our back. I’ll take both sides and front, okay?” he said giving a its-gonna-be-fine-smile.
I blinked awkwardly. I kept my eyes behind us yet my focus were all sucked up by his hands around my wrist.
Yamada Ryosuke—the most popular guy in school who wears those beautiful big smiles, the warmest stare and the most soothing voice. I bet it’s now obvious. I’ve got a big crush on this guy infront of me. But me, who’s nothing but a science freak, will never have a chance on him.
“Yenagi-san?”
“Yes.” I answered.
He gave a nod as we open an empty room. We stayed there for a long time. I don’t know where most of the zombies are but some are walking back and forth outside the room we are in. They can’t see anything though, all we have to do is avoid any sound.
I took a glimpse at Yamada. He’s sweating but he still looks stunning though. I shook my head and almost slap myself.
“What’s wrong?” he said turning his face on me.
I simply shook my head and he smiled. Wow, did I just saw sparks fly backgrounding him? I’ve been secretly him since junior high and incredibly, I achieved keeping that in myself. I haven’t talked to him before. This is the first time. But I don’t know if I should be happy when all that surrounds us now were bunch of crazy zombies.
I saw my best friend awhile ago, she’s a zombie now. Even my homeroom teacher, the whole baseball team, the prettiest lass in school and everyone are now zombies. What a great timing—zombies on Valentines Day. Yeah, what a nice combination.
 I heard him sigh. “What we’ll we do now? Wait? Wait for what? A rescue? Everyone has turn out into cannibals. Everyone! Everyone!”
And then it hit him. He frowned. “Everyone became zombies. Except me and…” he looked at me. “Y-You.”
“What are you saying?” I stared at him.
He stood. “What did everyone do in common today?” He said, thinking. “Valentines. Valentines.  UH. Chocolate…Yenagi-san, did you eat any chocolate today?”
I shook my head. “No.”
“You were given a chocolate?” he asked again.
“N-No.” I said confused.
He ran near in the window and pointed at the gate. “The free-chocolate-tasting. Did you get one chocolate from that booth?” He looked at me. “Have you tried it?”
I shook my head again. “No. Not at all.”
He panted. “I know something’s up with that.”
I smirked. “You blame the chocolate?”
“Can’t you see it. Everyone was given by that chocolate, even i.” he reached for his pocket and showed the foil-wrapped heart shaped chocolate. “This…This start the pandemic!” he said still whispering. He clenched his fist. “Who would do such thing?”
I glared at him. “Why are you worried about it? We should be worrying on how we’ll we survive. This is ridiculous. No dark chocolate can start such pandemic, so let’s just--”
I saw his eyes widened, looking at me. “You were never given a chocolate, right?”
“I said it already right? No. I never even had that chocolate.”
He opened the chocolate on his hand. “Then, how did you know it’s a dark chocolate?” Showing the now unwrapped chocolate.
I gulped.
“Answer me Yenagi-san. How did you—how did you know when you said you didn’t receive that certain chocolate?!” He’s forehead was perspiring, both hands clenched, squishing the chocolate on his grip.
I forced a laugh. “I don’t know what you are saying, Yamada.”
“You are lying.” He whispered.
“What do you mean?” I said with a forced smile.
Yamada grabbed both my shoulders giving me a death glare. “You know something…” he gulped. “..about this valentine-zombie pandemic, do you Yenagi-san?!”
Pulling out from his grip, I stepped back. I stared at him. And a loud laugh escape from my lips.
I saw his eyes widdened in horror.
“I never thought you’re that smart!” I smiled evili-ishly a him and clapped my hands. “My bad, my tongue slipped. Oh, so now that it comes to this, let me tell you the whole story.”
He gulped.
“I love science.” I laughed again. “It’s an experiment. They were all became the subject of my experiment.” I walked around him. “I made those chocolates. I let the cooking club dissiminate it for me. Surprise?”
I saw his clench tightened.
I smirked. “I told the baking club to not give anything to you. But stupid they failed… Good thing you never eat it.”
He frowned. I know he was confused by that statement.
“Isn’t this exciting? Huh, Yamada-kun?”
Yamada shook his head in disbelief. “You’re insane.”
My ears cringed hearing his sentence. “Insane?! You called me sane?” My anger ran through my brain, and my eyes widened. Tears framing in my eyes. “This is all your fault! I hate Valentines Day! I hate Chocolates! And I hate you!”
I was shouting but no zombie broke in. I trained them that way. The solution I put on the chocolates have me biased.
His brows furrowed.
I laughed again wiping my tears. “You remember me? Yamada?”
“What are you saying?”
“The fat girl way back in grade school? The girl who confessed her love for you?” I lied awhile ago when I said I liked him since junior high, because the truth I loved him since I was 10.
His eyes popped out in shock. “Y-Yen-chan?”
 I gritted my teeth. “Yes, I’m the girl you hated so much. The ugliest girl you have ever seen in your life, Yamada.”
He panted. “You misunderstood it…I never hated you, nor think that you are ugly.”
“Liar!” Anger is traced in my face. “Now, tell me..” I calmed, walking closer to him. “If you don’t hate me, do you love me?” I said.
I’m paranoid. Isn’t that obvious?
Yamada’s eyes were all teary. “But you turned everyone to zombie. In no time, I’ll be too.”
I sighed. “But I can save you from turning into zombie. I’ve got a potion enough for us both. We could live happily ever after.” I tried convincing him with a smile.
“You killed them all, mercilessly. That makes you selfish.” He said expressionless.
“Just tell me you love me or else with a snap of my finger I could gather them all here, and let them it you up!” I was crying.
Finally I saw a tear fell in his cheek. He wasn’t looking anywhere, but his eyes are open. “I’d rather die…than be with you.”
My lips shook and burst out in heavy tears. I stared at him and let him see my right arm lift infront of my face. It was shaking, my thumb reached for my middle finger. And with a slip, a snap echoed in the whole room.
I was crying. Crying. Crying so bad looking at him. I can hear the zombie’s steps coming.
He smiled, finally his eyes on me. “I just wanted to say that I secretly liked your chubby cheeks way back in grade school, Yen-chan.”
I stiffened, letting my tears flow.
I heard grumbles outside and the zombies crashed in.
I broke down. “NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”


 -End



No comments:

Post a Comment